We are transitioning to a new database and the ratings and licensing search functions are temporarily down for any films classified after September 11th and licences issued after August 31st. We are working on creating the new search function. In the interim, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or LimitedAndDoc@ontariofilmauthority.ca for any enquiries related to film ratings, or email@example.com for all licensing related questions.
Forms : Film Classification Forms
Note - The OFA is migrating to a new database. During the data migration, the OFA will be unable to issue numerically, system generated certificates. However, the film classification team will issue one certificate indicating the total numbers of certificates ordered.
The OFA administers the Film Classification Act, 2005 (FCA), which regulates film and video game distribution and exhibition including movie theatres, film, video and video game distributors, and retailers. The OFA also oversees and provides administrative services to support the Ontario Film Review Board.
For general information on licensing and film classification and approvals:
- General Requirements re Film Distribution and Exhibition
- Information Bulletin: Adult Sex Film Stickers
- Addendum to the Information Bulletin: Adult Sex Film Stickers- Stickers issued August 31, 2005
For a full list of film classification and licensing fees, please consult the Minister's Order made under the FCA.
Submit a completed application form with the appropriate fee to the Ontario Film Authority by email, fax, or mail as follows:
|Applications For Classification||By Email||By Fax or By Mail||For Phone Enquiries|
• By Documentation
• By Documentation - Limited Exhibition
||By Fax –
Attn: Ontario Film Authority
40 Sheppard Avenue West, Suite 400
Toronto ON M2N 6K9
|Films Other Than Adult Sex Films||filmclassification
Film Classification Forms
- 003-2015: Application for a Classification Decision (Films Other than Adult Sex Films)
- 004-2015: Application for an Approval Decision of an Adult Sex Film
- 005-2015: Application for Classification by Documentation
- 006-2015: Application for Classification by Documentation - Limited Exhibition
- 007-2015: Application for Classification of Additional Footage of a Film Previously Classified
- 008-2015: Application for Appeal of a Classification or Non-Approval Decision
- 009-2015: Request for Additional Adult Sex Film Stickers
- 010-2015: Information in Support of an Application for Classification of a Film Wholly Produced in Canada